October 29, 2014 · Leave a Comment
by Sarah Lewis, Marketing
|Skulls are just one of over 20 Reflective Safety Designs available.|
Every year I dread leaving my house on Halloween night. And it’s not because I’m afraid of things getting a little spooky. I live in a neighborhood full of children, and nothing gets kids more hyped than turning into their favorite characters and receiving a surplus of sweets.
Unquestionably, my worst nightmare consists of costumed, sugar-fueled kids zooming around in the darkness, ignoring sidewalks, and forgetting to look both ways before crossing the street on All Hallows’ Eve. During the trick-or-treating hours, backing out of driveways and navigating the suburban streets can be a haunting task even for the most cautious driver. Frightfully, it seems that the importance of safety is sometimes forgotten on the traditional night.
Fortunately, costumes can be made both safe and unique this Halloween with the help of Stahls’ Reflective Safety Designs featuring 3M™ Scotchlite™ Reflective heat transfer material . These designs apply with a heat press and are great for costumes and trick-or-treat bags to add low-light and nighttime visibility.
Trick-or-treaters with the Reflective Safety Designs are sure to stand out. With different sizes available and over 20 designs to choose from, there’s a look suitable for every costume. Some of the offered designs include checkers, flames, hearts, lightning, small flowers, and skulls.
Parents and adults shouldn’t count out sporting the Reflective Safety Design at night either. The reflective material is ideal to add to active wear or jackets making late night walks or runs safer than ever. The stretchable designs aren’t just fashion friendly, but they’re also wash-durable.
Check out all of the these reflective heat transfer designs and add a level of safety, whether your customers are running from house to house or just out running.
October 24, 2014 · Leave a Comment
by Bella B., Campus Correspondent
|[Image from http://www.costume-works.com]|
I have been searching the Internet looking for Halloween costume ideas for myself and came across some other great costume ideas you could make using your Hotronix® heat press.
• Napoleon Dynamite: Use a white T-shirt and heat apply red pre-cut letters. Wear with old jeans, large glasses and boots.
• Thing 1 & Thing 2: Heat Press a white circle onto a red T-shirt or onesie for a baby. After you heat apply the white circle, add black pre-cut letters and numbers. After this you will need red bottoms if you don’t already have some as well as a blue wig or blue hair coloring.
• Capes: You can create your own capes using a piece of material and heat applying a super hero logo onto it. You can also create your own logo using different colors or special effect CAD-CUT® materials.
• Bag of Money: This is a fun costume for a father and son but could also be a good couples costume. One person will dress in all black looking like a burglar while the other person dresses as a bag of money. To dress as a bag of money wear a brown dress, or brown onesie and heat press a large black dollar sign onto it. Women could heat press CAD-CUT® Gliter Flake™ Heat Transfer Material. Wear money green shirts under the dress or onesie and glue fake dollars onto your costume.
|[Image from http://www.etsy.com]|
• When life gives you lemons, make lemonade: Wear a plain white T-shirt and heat press “Life” in your favorite font and CAD-CUT heat transfer material. Walk around with lemons and hand them out to people to see if they catch on.
• The Black-Eyed Peas: All you need is a black T-shirt and a large “P” in any white heat transfer material. Wear all black and paint one eye black.
• Mermaid Costume: With Halloween being in October and it being chilly, heat press seashells onto a long sleeve T-shirt. CAD-CUT Glitter Flake™ heat transfer material will really make the design pop. You can complete this costume with fun, colorful jewelry and a colorful skirt either long or short.
When I was younger my siblings and I would always make our costumes instead of buying them. None of them were as creative as some of the ones I have listed, but there are plenty of fun and easy ones you can find on the Internet and create with your heat press and vinyl cutter or pre-cuts.
October 23, 2014 · Leave a Comment
This week’s pre-cut number style of the week is Magnum. Available in 3″, 4″, 6″, 8″, and 10″ sizes in a variety of CAD-CUT® heat transfer materials and standard materials, this new number font is sure to crack the case on basketball, hockey, and any other uniform you can think of.