October 17, 2014 · Leave a Comment
by Bella B., Campus Correspondent
|Monogramming with CAD-CUT® heat transfer materials is a great way to create personalized wedding gifts.
Recently my boyfriend’s cousin got engaged and I wanted to put my heat printing skills to the test and make the happy couple a personalized gift. I wanted to make them something that looked professionally made and of high quality. I did some research on the Internet and found these personalization ideas:
- Hand Towels: These can be fun or fancy. Use simple hand towels for in the kitchen with their last name, “Chef Smith”, or something fun like, “Kiss the Chef”. You could choose a fancier towel and heat print their monogram on it. Stahls’ Any Word. Any Way.™ would be perfect if you’re looking for a heavy-duty product for a bathroom towel.
- Pillows: There are many pillow ideas on Pinterest and other websites. You can decorate pillowcases that say “Mrs. Smith” for her pillow and “Mr. Smith” for his. You can also do a nicer pillow for their living area with “Mr. & Mrs. Smith Est. 2014” or other fun ones is their monogram in a light color with their names and their wedding date in a darker color over it.
- Getaway Basket: If the couple is going somewhere warm for their honeymoon you could personalize a basket full of things for them.
- Towels with “Mr. Smith” and “Mrs. Smith”
- Personalize koozies with their monogram and the date of their wedding
- A fabric beach bag with their monogram or their last name
- Fun couples T-shirts like “Just Married,” “Mr. Smith” and “Mrs. Smith,” “I’m with my new wife” and “I’m with my new husband” T-shirts with arrows
- Get some fun sunglasses and place “Mr. Smith” and “Mrs. Smith” down the sides of them or the date of their wedding. CAD-PRINTZ® full color digital decals would be perfect for this.
- Decorate flip flops for the couple to wear when they are walking on the beach
- Blanket: Use a plush blanket or nice quilt and embroider or heat press the last name on the corner of it with their wedding date. The couple can use this blanket as a decoration or curl up in it together.
- Luggage Tags: Put their names: “Mr. Smith” and “Mrs. Smith” on luggage tags. It’s a small gift that you can add to your gift and can be used as the gift tag as well the tag on their luggage for their honeymoon.
- Aprons: If the couples likes to cook together you could personalize aprons for each of them, such as “Mr. Right” and “Mrs. Always Right”
These are only a few of the ideas that I have found, I’m sure there are plenty more out there. Not only could you do some of these ideas for a wedding but you could also make them for birthdays and other events. Stay tuned for some more heat printing ideas!
<br /><br />
October 16, 2014 · 1 Comment
We’re beginning a new series: Number Style of the Week. As you may know, there are over 60 different styles of pre-cut letters and numbers available from Stahls’, including the 28 new number fonts we recently added. To help inform you of all the number options available, we’ll be showcasing a different font each week.
We kick off the series with a pre-cut number whose name is appropriate for this time of year: Phantom. Phantom is available in 3, 4, 6, 8, and 10 inch sizes in a variety of materials, including CAD-CUT® Glitter Flake™ and standard (without a carrier) Thermo-FILM®.
October 13, 2014 · Leave a Comment
|It’s a little-known fact that Columbus was an avid heat printer, as well as a great fan of the nation of Canada, as this statue attests.|
It’s a busy day in North America (which was discovered, of course, by Christopher Columbus). The United States is celebrating Columbus Day, while north of the border, it’s Thanksgiving in Canada. Plus, tomorrow is the birthday of the United States Navy.
So, happy Thanksgiving/Columbus Day/Navy birthday!