October 24, 2014 · Leave a Comment
by Bella B., Campus Correspondent
|[Image from http://www.costume-works.com]|
I have been searching the Internet looking for Halloween costume ideas for myself and came across some other great costume ideas you could make using your Hotronix® heat press.
• Napoleon Dynamite: Use a white T-shirt and heat apply red pre-cut letters. Wear with old jeans, large glasses and boots.
• Thing 1 & Thing 2: Heat Press a white circle onto a red T-shirt or onesie for a baby. After you heat apply the white circle, add black pre-cut letters and numbers. After this you will need red bottoms if you don’t already have some as well as a blue wig or blue hair coloring.
• Capes: You can create your own capes using a piece of material and heat applying a super hero logo onto it. You can also create your own logo using different colors or special effect CAD-CUT® materials.
• Bag of Money: This is a fun costume for a father and son but could also be a good couples costume. One person will dress in all black looking like a burglar while the other person dresses as a bag of money. To dress as a bag of money wear a brown dress, or brown onesie and heat press a large black dollar sign onto it. Women could heat press CAD-CUT® Gliter Flake™ Heat Transfer Material. Wear money green shirts under the dress or onesie and glue fake dollars onto your costume.
|[Image from http://www.etsy.com]|
• When life gives you lemons, make lemonade: Wear a plain white T-shirt and heat press “Life” in your favorite font and CAD-CUT heat transfer material. Walk around with lemons and hand them out to people to see if they catch on.
• The Black-Eyed Peas: All you need is a black T-shirt and a large “P” in any white heat transfer material. Wear all black and paint one eye black.
• Mermaid Costume: With Halloween being in October and it being chilly, heat press seashells onto a long sleeve T-shirt. CAD-CUT Glitter Flake™ heat transfer material will really make the design pop. You can complete this costume with fun, colorful jewelry and a colorful skirt either long or short.
When I was younger my siblings and I would always make our costumes instead of buying them. None of them were as creative as some of the ones I have listed, but there are plenty of fun and easy ones you can find on the Internet and create with your heat press and vinyl cutter or pre-cuts.
October 23, 2014 · Leave a Comment
This week’s pre-cut number style of the week is Magnum. Available in 3″, 4″, 6″, 8″, and 10″ sizes in a variety of CAD-CUT® heat transfer materials and standard materials, this new number font is sure to crack the case on basketball, hockey, and any other uniform you can think of.
October 17, 2014 · Leave a Comment
by Bella B., Campus Correspondent
|Monogramming with CAD-CUT® heat transfer materials is a great way to create personalized wedding gifts.
Recently my boyfriend’s cousin got engaged and I wanted to put my heat printing skills to the test and make the happy couple a personalized gift. I wanted to make them something that looked professionally made and of high quality. I did some research on the Internet and found these personalization ideas:
– Hand Towels: These can be fun or fancy. Use simple hand towels for in the kitchen with their last name, “Chef Smith”, or something fun like, “Kiss the Chef”. You could choose a fancier towel and heat print their monogram on it. Stahls’ Any Word. Any Way.™ would be perfect if you’re looking for a heavy-duty product for a bathroom towel.
– Pillows: There are many pillow ideas on Pinterest and other websites. You can decorate pillowcases that say “Mrs. Smith” for her pillow and “Mr. Smith” for his. You can also do a nicer pillow for their living area with “Mr. & Mrs. Smith Est. 2014” or other fun ones is their monogram in a light color with their names and their wedding date in a darker color over it.
– Getaway Basket: If the couple is going somewhere warm for their honeymoon you could personalize a basket full of things for them.
- Towels with “Mr. Smith” and “Mrs. Smith”
- Personalize koozies with their monogram and the date of their wedding
- A fabric beach bag with their monogram or their last name
- Fun couples T-shirts like “Just Married,” “Mr. Smith” and “Mrs. Smith,” “I’m with my new wife” and “I’m with my new husband” T-shirts with arrows
- Get some fun sunglasses and place “Mr. Smith” and “Mrs. Smith” down the sides of them or the date of their wedding. CAD-PRINTZ® full color digital decals would be perfect for this.
- Decorate flip flops for the couple to wear when they are walking on the beach
– Blanket: Use a plush blanket or nice quilt and embroider or heat press the last name on the corner of it with their wedding date. The couple can use this blanket as a decoration or curl up in it together.
– Luggage Tags: Put their names: “Mr. Smith” and “Mrs. Smith” on luggage tags. It’s a small gift that you can add to your gift and can be used as the gift tag as well the tag on their luggage for their honeymoon.
– Aprons: If the couples likes to cook together you could personalize aprons for each of them, such as “Mr. Right” and “Mrs. Always Right”
These are only a few of the ideas that I have found, I’m sure there are plenty more out there. Not only could you do some of these ideas for a wedding but you could also make them for birthdays and other events. Stay tuned for some more heat printing ideas!
<br /><br />